Dnd Zero: Season Two

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

For a moment Miguel’s smile turned into a frown as he realized what was happening.

“I think what we have here is a little misunderstanding. I’m Miguel ‘d Cannith” the artificer said as he extended his hand for a handshake.

“Maleb.” The other man answered as he shook the offered hand with his free hand while still holding firmly to the halfling’s hand.

Miguel eyebrows went up again at that reaction but before he could say anything, a smallish bald black human woman in a simple kimono came towards the table bearing a couple of plates of steaming vegetables.

“Maleb! I didn’t know we had some guest.” The woman stated as she placed the plates on the table, seemingly oblivious to the incident happening between the males standing around the table.

Strange. This one appears to carry herself with some sort of calmness about her but there is something other than the strong enchantments on the bracers and something within the woman’s pouch that states otherwise. Better keep watch of this one.

“I'm Miguel ‘d Cannith, Miss.” Miguel stated as he nodded towards the woman cutting Maleb off before he could answer.

“And may I introduce my friend Timothy o’ Rourke,” gesturing towards the warmage who had likewise moved closer to the table during the conversation, “and his halfling associate -”

“Dee!” The halfling half exclaimed as he finally escaped the firm grasp of the large man and moved to the other side of the table beside the other humans.

“I’m Luxor.” The smallish woman replied with a nod and smiled back. “We were about to have an early dinner, why don’t you join us. I’m sure there’s enough for everyone.”

“We’d be honored if you allow us to buy the drinks.” Miguel stated as they added more chairs at the table and waved Otis to get their orders.

*

After an hour of drinks, salad and more orders of food and drinks after those, the five people slowly got comfortable as they got to know more about one another with small talk.

“What’s the business with the big hunk of flying granite, anyway?” Dee suddenly asked.

Miguel stopped in mid-gulp and placed down his glass of his liquid ice. “Good you asked, me. I almost forgot.”

The Cannith took out a small parchment and placed it on to the table so that everyone could see. “The gangly gargoyle you all saw earlier is the regular messenger of my Aunt Elaydren. She sent me this invitation. I’m not really that dear to her. She almost always calls for me only when she requests for me to look into a magical item or artifact of sorts she wants. Which I assume is the case for this instance.”

Miguel raises his glass for another drink of the liquid ice before continuing.

“I don’t really mind. It allows me to go out and escape the political web of my relatives.”

He stops though as his glass touches his lips and looks around at the table. “If you guys don’t have anything else better to do, why don’t you join me? I'm already taking Rourke. I’m sure Aunt E won’t mind paying for extra hands.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home